History of the Delft School - a one-day symposium

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at stm.tudelft.nl
Mon Oct 16 18:53:12 EST 1995

After requests from a number of people, a one day meeting will be held on
Friday 15 December 1995 to discuss the history and influence of the Delft
School of Microbiology during the 100 years of its existence. This
meeting is attached to, but not part of, the Beijerinck Centennial
Symposium (December 10-14). There will not be a registration fee
(but there will be a charge for lunch), but obviously the organisers
would be very happy if they had an idea of the numbers planning to
attend.
The programme is still being finalized, but will cover topics related to
the work of the "Big Three" - Beijerinck, Kluyver and van Niel - from a
historical perspective. We will also be presenting the results of the
Delft School Family Tree Project (have you sent me your information yet?)
and will have some copies of the book "Beijerinck and the Delft School of
Microbiology" for sale.

Those who ask nicely (g) will also be allowed to sit in Beijerinck's
chair!

You can signify your interest by contacting the Congress Office handling
the Beijerinck Centennial (ASD, PO Box 40, 2600 AA, Delft; fax 31 15
2120250) or emailing me (address below).
--
Dr. Lesley A. Robertson
Kluyver Laboratory for Biotechnology
L.A.Robertson at stm.tudelft.nl