Final programme for Historical Meeting at Delft, 15 December, 1995

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at stm.tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 27 19:33:02 EST 1995

The programme for the Historical Meeting at the Kluyver Laboratory of
Delft University of Technology has now been finalised. The meeting will
be held at the kluyver Lab, Julianalaan 67, Delft, the Netherlands. The
only charge will be 25 guilders for the lunch. Registration is not
necessary, but we would appreciate it if people would let us know if
they're coming, so that we can plan the catering, etc. Please email me or
fax the Congress Bureau with the reference "Beijerinck Centennial
Historical Day".

10:00-10:30  Arrival and coffee.
10:30-10:35  Welcome - J.G. Kuenen, Professor of Microbiology at Delft
10:35-11:05  The beginnings of the Delft Tradition revisited: Martinus W.
Beijerinck and the genetics of microorganisms. Bert Theunissen
(University of Utrecht)
11:05-12:05  Beijerinck at the Gist and Spiritusfabriek. Willem de Witte
(formerly Gist Brocades, Delft)
12:05-12:35  Beneficient microbes: The Delft School of Microbiology
and its industrial connection. Olga Amsterdamska (University of
Amsterdam)
12:35-14:00  Lunch
14:00-14:30  The Delft School of Microbiology: legitamization of Van
Niel's scientific activities. Susan Spath (University of California,
Berkley)
14:30-15:00  The road to modern bacterial phylogeny, one of the legacies
of Beijerinck's school. Norberto Palleroni (Rutgers University)
15:00-15:30  The Family Tree of the Delft School of Microbiology. Lesley
Robertson (Delft University of Technology)
15:30-17:30  Drinks and possibility to visit our museum.

--
Dr. Lesley A. Robertson
Kluyver Laboratory for Biotechnology
L.A.Robertson at stm.tudelft.nl