Ponds-L Correction

Scott Seymour aqsys at inc.net
Fri Sep 22 14:51:11 EST 1995

About a week ago I posted a message saying that Ponds-L
had moved and gave the new address and how to
subscribe, I made an error in the subscribing
directions, I had said to send a message to
listserv at execpc.com with the message

subscribe ponds-l [your name] example subscribe ponds-l
John Doe

This is incorrect, when done this way the listserver
thinks that John Doe is your e-mail address.

The correct way to subscribe to ponds-l is to send an
e-mail message to listserv at execpc.com with the
following message

subscribe ponds-l

The name must be left off with the new Majordomo
software that we are using for this list.

The following people tried to subscribe using this
incorrect information, and if they are in your group I
hope they will read this and subscribe again using the
correct information.

James Beaman
John Diller
Andrew Riseman
K. Gross
Terri Skadeland
Weldon Bona

For those of you that are interested the following is
the correct information on Ponds-L

Ponds-L: Pond & Lake Management Discussion List

List Title: ponds-l: Pond & Lake Management Discussion
List
List Owner or Contact: Scott Seymour aqsys at execpc.com

Ponds-L is an discussion group primarily directed
towards the layman who owns or lives on a pond or small
lake and commercial owners of ponds and small lakes.
Members of the educational & scientific communities and
pond & lake professionals are welcome to join the list
in an advisory capacity.

Some of the topics of discussion: (but not limited to)

Weed & Algae Control (chemical - mechanical -
biological), fishery management, aeration and fountain
systems, pond & lake restoration, biological
augmentation, pond & small lake construction, shoreline
stabilization, nutrient management, watershed issues,
dredging & sediment removal, wildlife problems (geese,
muskrats, beavers, otters and blue heron's.) and
beneficial aquatic vegetation.

This group is for the discussion of pond and lake
problems, commercial advertising or spams are not
welcome.  No polite posting that is on subject will be
rejected.

To subscribe to this list, send e-mail to
listserv at execpc.com; in the body of the message, type
subscribe ponds-l

If you are interested in Ponds & Lakes here are the
names of some other excellent groups that you might
want to try:

rec.ponds
A newsgroup that is directed towards the owners of
decorative & ornamental ponds.  For people that enjoy
water gardening, Koi, goldfish and other fish as a
hobby, this group is very informative.

sci.bio.fisheries
A newsgroup that is directed towards aquaculture and
fishery management on a very scientific and technical
level.  If you are a serious fish grower or have a
strong interest in the ecological aspects of the
fishery around the world this is very good news group
that might be right for you..

Lakes-L
This is a mail list that deals with a wide variety of
larger lake issues. Some of the topics that are covered
are as follows:

Lake Management ideas; analytical tools, hardware and
procedures related to lake ecology and lakes; all lake
related biological, geological, and scientific topics.
Particular emphasis is placed on behavioral,
evolutionary, paleontological, theoretical, and
community ecology; including assessment and management
by applied mathematics, statistics and modeling,
mathematical GIS, limnology, chemical ecology, etc:

My appologies for the mistake and the waste of extra
band width.

Scott Seymour