IMPORTANT - Sun Microsystems and Academic Press sponsor BIOSCI!!

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at net.bio.net
Thu Apr 11 19:59:23 EST 1996

I am extremely pleased to announce two new major BIOSCI sponsors:

     Sun Microsystems, Inc., a leading provider of solutions for
        open network computing environments.

     Academic Press, a leading scientific publisher for more than 50 years.

Sun is a main home page sponsor on http://www.bio.net/ and will be
providing BIOSCI with a new computing system to replace our aging
machine.  Once it is up and running, users of our archive site should
experience much better archive search performance.

Academic Press is helping BIOSCI by sponsoring our BIO-JOURNALS and
METHODS-AND-REAGENTS newsgroups.

If you contact representatives of either of these companies, please
thank them for supporting BIOSCI.

Both of these companies are major sponsors and are a big step forward
for us in reaching our funding goal.  We are still a long way,
however, from reaching our goal of building a $100,000 operating
reserve, having raised about half of that to date, so we can not stop
fundraising yet.  We currently have enough money to ensure continued
operation of the project at a minimal level after our DOE grant runs
out in a few months, i.e., we can keep the existing system running
with little or no enhancements and limited user support.  We would not
relish having to cut back on personal service and are continuing to
seek advertisers.  We appreciate readers who refer sponsors to us at
biosci-help at net.bio.net.

				biosci-help at net.bio.net