NAOMI - important messages

Simon M. Brocklehurst smb at
Mon Oct 7 23:05:52 EST 1996

NAOMI - Important messages to all users - please read.

**** The NAOMI anonymous FTP server is now back up again after some
     considerable downtime.  Sorry for all the inconvenience this

**** I've taken this opportunity to make available the Version 3.0
     User Guide which is complete reworking of the old User Guide.
     It is much improved (fast loading, better organised etc).

     It is available only on the Web site (select the User Guide -
     link) at present.  NAOMI Web site URL given below.

     Version 3.0 of the program is not yet available (release soon), but
     the new User Guide is applicable to the current version.

**** Due to bandwidth problems, especially across the Atlantic and to
     the Pacific Rim, I'm looking for places that would be prepared to
     as mirror sites for the NAOMI distribution (you need an anonymous
     ftp server to do this).

     If you are interested in doing this, please e-mail me at:
              smb at

NAOMI is a computer program system for studying 3-D structures of

NAOMI is available free of charge for academic users.

NAOMI Version 2.4c is available as of now from the NAOMI Web site at:

or via anonymous ftp

i.e. at

in directory pub/smb/naomi/