VSNS BioComputing Division: Hypertext Coursebook updated

Georg Fuellen fuellen at dali.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Oct 15 19:25:17 EST 1996

The VSNS BioComputing Hypertext Coursebook has just been updated !

Take a look at either one of our WWW sites:

Table Of Contents

Ch. 0. Introduction, by David L. Steffen

Ch. 1. Pairwise Sequence Alignments, by Robert Giegerich and David
Wheeler (**)

Ch. 2. Networking, by David L. Steffen (**) (UPDATED Oct 12)
Appendix to Ch. 1+2: FastA/Blast Exercises, by Francisco M. De La Vega.

Ch. 3. Multiple Alignment, by Georg Fuellen (**) (incl. a list of WWW
Resources) (UPDATED July 26)

Ch. 4. The Mathematical Basis of Molecular Phylogenetics, by Andreas

Ch. 5. Genetic Algorithms and Protein Folding, by Steffen
Schulze-Kremer. (**)

(**) indicates the availability of Exercises incl. a solution sheet.

Our Hypertext Book includes a small glossary at
and a Java-based Multiple Alignment "Hyperlattice Path" Visualizer, at
"Biocomputing For Everyone" WWW Pages are currently being finalized.

We will still try to add some improvements, and will announce
updates on the list vsns-bcd-curric, to which you can subscribe by
email to majordomo at lists.uni-bielefeld.de, with no subject line, and the
following message body: subscribe vsns-bcd-curric.

We'd like to thank our sponsors for their generous support:
the Research Group in Practical Computer Science, University of
the Association for the Promotion of Science and Humanities in Germany
(Stifterverband fuer die Deutsche Wissenschaft), and
GNA's Virtual School of Natural Sciences. We'd also like to thank
David Steffen and Paolo Romano for enabling the mirroring service.

best wishes,
fuellen at dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE,
fuellen at Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE