BIOINFORMATICS at MedInfo'98

APPEL Ron ron.appel at dim.hcuge.ch
Sat Apr 19 12:06:37 EST 1997

Medicine and healthcare rely more and more on biotechnology and
bioinformatics. This is why it has been decided that a new track and topic
called

    BIOINFORMATICS - Genome, Proteome and Health in the Cyberspace Era

will be organized at

                            MedInfo'98
            9th World Congress on Medical Informatics

to be held in Seoul, Korea, August 18-22, 1998.

We would like to invite you to submit a paper to be presented at the
Bioinformatics track.

MedInfo, the largest medical informatics conference to be organized, is
taking place every three years. MedInfo'98, to be organized in Seoul,
Korea, accepts six categories of contributions: papers, panels,
experiences, workshops, tutorials, and demonstrations. Two types of papers
will be considered for the Bioinformatics track, that will all be printed
in the congress proceedings, published on the congress CD-ROM, and indexed
in the MEDLINE database:

  Scientific Papers - these papers represent original contributions to the
  science of medical/health informatics with a clear statement of
  objectives, methods and results.

  Review Papers - these papers highlight the current state-of-the-art of
  health informatics, and present a thorough synthesis of key issues.

If you intend to contribute an article, please confirm this by e-mail to
ron.appel at dim.hcuge.ch or by fax to Ron Appel +41 22 372 61 98. Specify
whether you need a copy of the instructions to authors that we will be
glad to send you. Instructions to authors may also be obtained directly
from the "Intent to participate" page of the MedInfo'98 WWW server:

	http://www.medinfo.or.kr/Start5.htm

or one of its mirror sites:

	http://www.hon.ch/medinfo/start5.htm
	http://www.hbroussais.fr/medinfo/Start5.htm

Please note the following schedule and deadlines:

July 14, 1997 Deadline for receipt of papers in the designated format
  from contributors.

Oct. 31, 1997 Notification of acceptance of papers.

Nov. 27, 1997 Deadline for receipt of the final version of paper in the
  designated format from contributors.

February, 1998 General mailing of Preliminary Program.

We are looking forward to meeting you in Seoul. For further information,
please contact ron.appel at dim.hcuge.ch, or consult the MedInfo'98 WWW
server at:

	http://www.medinfo.or.kr/
	http://www.hon.ch/medinfo/
	http://www.hbroussais.fr/medinfo/

Ron D. Appel
Molecular Imaging and Bioinformatics Laboratory
Hopital Cantonal de Geneve - D.I.M
24, rue Micheli-du-Crest
CH-1211 Geneve 14 - Switzerland

Tel.:   (+41 22) 372 6264