New Gene Recognoition Software (Procrustes 4.0)
ppevzner at hto-d.usc.edu
Sat Apr 19 12:08:41 EST 1997
Announcement: New version of Procrustes gene recognition software.
The new version 4.01 beta of Procrustes is available as a WWW server:
Procrustes 4.0 is geared towards computational support of experimental
gene identification and annotation-quality gene predictions.
The new distinctive features of Procrustes 4.01 are:
- identification of genes and exons for which the predictions
are guaranteed to be correct (Las Vegas gene predictions)
- error-tolerant gene recognition
- construction of primer cover for PCR-based gene identification
in large-scale sequencing projects (GenePrimer software)
- highly specific recognition of exons for selection of
probes and PCR primers to cDNA (CASSANDRA software)
- recognition of incomplete genes in unfinished cosmid-size genomic
sequences via local spliced alignment
- new graphical outputs for multiple gene predictions and experimental
- assignment of confidence levels to gene predictions
- multiple gene predictions via suboptimal spliced alignment
- gene recognition based on similar domains rather than entire proteins
- gene recognition in different species.
PROCRUSTES is now available in commmand line version
for incorporation in DNA sequence analysis pipelines.
The previous version of Procrustes is described in
Gelfand, M.S., Mironov, A.A.,Pevzner, P.A.
"Gene recognition via spliced sequence alignment",
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA (1996), 93, 9061-9066
and is protected by
U.S. patent application "Combinatorial Gene Recognition" 60/035,720.
More information about the Bionews