Stadler Genetics Symposium "GENOMES", June 8-10, 1998, U. Missouri

Dave Matthews matthews at greengenes.cit.cornell.edu
Sat Aug 30 00:24:21 EST 1997

[Posted on behalf of Perry Gustafson.  Please respond directly to him.]

Stadler Genetics Symposium

"GENOMES"

June 8-10, 1998

This is the first announcement for the 22nd Stadler Genetics Symposium to
be held on the University of Missouri, Columbia campus.  The general theme
for the Symposium is "GENOMES".  The theme will be centered around the
availability of a massive amount of information about plant and animal
genomes and how this information is going to be applied to make a better
world.  The program is designed to bring together scientists in all areas
of plant and animal research to discuss their work.  I hope it will be an
interesting meeting that will supply much needed information to all
struggling to understand the complexities of genome organization and how it
can be manipulated.

It is anticipated that the registration fee will be approximately $150 for
scientists and $45 for graduate students, which will include a copy of the
proceedings as published by Plenum Press.  The registration fee will be
about $110 for scientists who do not wish to receive a copy of the
proceedings.

Following is a partial list of speakers who have accepted our invitation to
speak:

R. Davis, Stanford University; B.S. Weir, North Carolina State University;
J. Armour, University of Nottingham, England; D. Morizot, Smithville, Texas;
H. Lewin, The University of Illinois; N. Arnheim, Univ. of Southern
California; M. Dean, National Cancer Institute; D. Vienne, Univ. Paris,
France; P. Gepts, University of California, Davis; K. Fukui, Hokuriku Natl.
Agric. Exp. Sta., Japan; M. Matzke, Academy of Sciences, Austria; M.
Sorrells, Cornell University; O. Anderson, USDA, Western Reg. Research
Center; S. Briggs, Pioneer Hybrid International; A. Karp, Inst. Arable
Crops Res., England; J. Vogel, E.I. DuPont de Nemours; P. Langridge, Waite
Agricultural Research Institute, Australia; and S. Mackenzie, Purdue
University

Please respond to this first notice via the form below if you are
interested in receiving a second notice which will contain more details.
Second notices will only be sent out to those who respond.

If you have any further questions please contact me.

        Dr. Perry Gustafson
        USDA-ARS
        206 Curtis Hall
        University of Missouri