Reminder: BIOSCI out of service for transfer to Stanford

Serge Taylor jstaylor at net.bio.net
Fri Jun 6 03:26:07 EST 1997

As Dave Kristofferson announced in his post on May 27, BIOSCI is
moving to Stanford University Libraries. We had planned for the
transfer to take place this coming weekend, June 7-8, and are now
certain we can meet this schedule.

This means that the BIOSCI hardware will be down for backups on 6 June
and will be moved over the weekend of June 7 and 8.  We will be
changing the IP number of the machine, but the host name and all
mailing addresses will remain unchanged.

There may be a few days of service disruption during this time due to
the move, unfortunately, just as we experienced in BIOSCI's previous
move.  We hope to keep this to a minimum. Our best guess is that we
will be back up by Monday morning, but please bear with us if we
encounter unexpected difficulties.

Serge Taylor