HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING COLLOQUIUM

Roger Philp R.Philp at astro.cardiff.ac.uk
Mon Mar 17 00:30:49 EST 1997

University of Wales

			Colloquium on Applications of High Performance Computing
			    Gregynog House, Newtown, Powys, SY16 3PW, WALES
					7 - 9 April 1997

The proposed program includes:
	Prof. I. Halliday 	Swansea 	UKQCD and the T3E
	Prof. T. Hey 		Southampton 	The Problem of Parallel Program Performance
						Estimation
	Dr. A. Nelson 		Cardiff		Parallelizing Particle Methods in Physics
	Dr. A. Jefferson 	Cardiff		Parallel Iterative Solution Methods for
Finite Element
						Problems
	Dr. I Williams		Cardiff		TBA
	Dr. I. Masters 		Swansea		TBA
	Dr. N. Lavery 		Swansea		The Effects of Pressure Segregation on the
Efficiency
						of non-Symmetric Iterative Methods for Linear
						Systems Arising in Incompressible CFD
	Dr J. Martin 		Cardiff 	Metropolitan Area Network (MAN)
	Dr. B. Sathyaprakash  	Cardiff		HPC Related to Detection of
Gravitational
						Wave Data Analysis
	Dr. M.F. Guest 		Daresbury Lab.	High Performance Computational
Chemistry: Fully
						Distributed Parallel Algorithms.
	Mr. P. Brookes 		Swansea		Parallel Processing for the Simulation of
Problems
						Involving Scattering of Electromagnetic Waves
	Dr. S. Hammarling 	Nag		Parallel Industrial Numerical Applications and
	Portable Libraries
	Dr. K. L. Chan 		Cardiff		Parallel Methods for Optimum Lightweight
Structures
	Dr. D. Kennedy 		Cardiff		Parallel Methods for Analysis of Lightweight
	Structures
	Mr. E. Jones 		Cardiff		Computer Simulation of Polymers
	Dr. B. Williams		IBM		Visual Weather Forecasting
	Prof. I. Kazachkov	Ukraine 	Stability and Stabilization of Fluid
Adhering to a
						Moving Withdrawn Surface

The colloquium is intended to be informal and will be held at the
magnificent country house of
Gregynog, a residential educational centre of the University of Wales.
The house which is steeped in
history is situated in a wooded parkland estate of some 750 acres. With
this backdrop of setting it is
hoped that this meeting with its wide scope of interests in High
Performance Computing will be of a
great interest and pleasure for all participants.

Cost:
The colloquium is sponsored in part by the University of Wales.
Accommodation will be full board at
Gregynog House at a total cost of 50 UK pounds per person for University
of Wales members and 65
UK pounds per person for non-University of Wales members. Cheques should
be made
payable to: University of Wales at Cardiff.

Contact point:
Those wishing to attend should contact: Dr. R. N. Philp. Dept. of
Physics and Astronomy, University
of Wales at Cardiff,PO BOX 913, Cardiff CF2 3YB Wales.
Roger.Philp at astro.cf.ac.uk Tel: 01222 874458
ext 5032 Fax: 01222 874056

----------------------------------------------------Cut
here---------------------------------------

					University of Wales

			Colloquium on Applications of High Performance Computing
			    Gregynog House, Newtown, Powys, SY16 3PW, WALES
					7 - 9 April 1997

				Speakers Reply Slip Please Return by to:
Dr. R. N. Philp.
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy,
University of Wales at Cardiff,
Cardiff
PO BOX 913
CF2 3YB

Roger.Philp at astro.cf.ac.uk

 	 I wish to attend the colloquium on Applications of High Performance
Computing to be held at
Gregynog on 7 - 9 April 1997

 Name 		______________________________________________________________

 Title		______________________________________________________________

 Inst.		______________________________________________________________

 Address 	______________________________________________________________

 Phone 		______________________________________________________________

 FAX 		______________________________________________________________

 Email 		______________________________________________________________

 I wish to make a presentation entitled:

I require a location map: 	Yes  	no

Please Tick the most appropriate classification:

University of Wales: Academic Staff  Research Staff  	Research Student

Industry: HPC User  HPC Vendor   Other

Charges: 50 UK pounds per person for University of Wales members and 65
UK pounds per person
for non-University of Wales members. Cheques should be made payable to:
University
of Wales at Cardiff.

----------------------------------------------------Cut
here---------------------------------------

					University of Wales

			Colloquium on Applications of High Performance Computing
			    Gregynog House, Newtown, Powys, SY16 3PW, WALES
					7 - 9 April 1997

					Attendee Reply Slip

Roger.Philp at astro.cf.ac.uk
Tel: 01222 874458 ext 5032
Fax: 01222 874056

[...]

Dr. Roger Philp 				 Rm: N2.24
Parallel Computing Support Manager		Tel: +44 (0)1222-874458 ext 5032
Dept of Physics and Astronomy			Fax: +44 (0)1222-874056
UWCC,PO Box 913,			      Email: R.Philp at astro.cf.ac.uk
Cardiff CF2 3YB, UK.

	WWW URL: http://www.astro.cf.ac.uk/computing/parallel/