Reporting MMF to the IRS [long]

Andrew Fried afried at bellatlantic.net
Mon Mar 17 00:32:33 EST 1997

[Note from the moderator - I'm passing this on from
 news.admin.announce - D.K.]

Over the past six months, my email address has appeared in the "fraud
killer list", a list of agency contacts used to report potential tax
fraud violations by the "make money fast" (MMF) Usenet spammers.  Since
complaints such as those don't fall under my specific area of
jurisdiction, I have been manually forwarding all such messages to the
appropriate department within my agency.

In order to facilitate routing complaints to the IRS via email, I have
established two special mailboxes.  Email sent to those addresses will
be automatically forwarded to the correct organizations within the
Service.  This will assure faster delivery and reduce congestion on
my personal email account.  The addresses are as follows:

net-abuse at nocs.insp.irs.gov
Use this address to report make money fast (MMF) schemes.  Mail sent to
this address will be forwarded to the Criminal Investigation Division
(CID) for appropriate action.

hotline at nocs.insp.irs.gov
Mail sent to this address will be forwarded to Internal Security
(Inspection), the IRS's "internal affairs" type organization.  Internal
Security is responsible for investigating criminal acts which attempt to
corrupt our tax system.  Internal Security is also responsible for the
protection of all Service employees.  Use this address to report
attempted bribery of IRS employees, conspiracy to defraud the tax
system, threats against the IRS or IRS employees or any other suspected
criminal acts affecting the integrity of our tax system.  Please don't
forward the infamous "IRS Abuse" reports here.

Reports of tax fraud should be sent directly to your regional IRS
Service Center; there is currently no Internet email address for
reporting those suspected offenses.

Please distribute this message to newsgroup moderators and members of
your newsgroups.  Should you have any other non-tax related questions,
feel free to write to me directly at:
afried at nocs.insp.irs.gov

--
Inspector Andrew Fried                  IRS Internal Security
Voice: (202) 622-3535                   1111 Constitution Ave, NW

--
Andrew Fried
afried at bellatlantic.net
--
All postings to news.admin.net-abuse.bulletins are unconfirmed and
unverified unless stated otherwise by the moderators.  All opinions

For a copy of the guidelines to this group, see:
http://www.math.uiuc.edu/~tskirvin/home/nana/