Likely artifactual S. cerevisiae ORF's

James Freeman jfreeman at darwin.bu.edu
Sun Mar 23 19:10:50 EST 1997

The BioMolecular Engineering Research Center has identified a large
set of ORFs in S. cerevisiae which are likely to be artifactual.

Posted to this newsgroup by James Freeman <jfreeman at darwin.bu.edu>

Questions should be directed to Xiaolin Zhang, Ph.D.
<zhangx at darwin.bu.edu>

Principle Investigator is Temple F. Smith, Ph.D.

Our web site is located at:

http://bmerc-www.bu.edu/

        NOTE 1: There are 6275 ORF's originally identified by MIPS in
yeast genome that theoretically could encode proteins longer than 99
amino acid residues (Goffeau et al., Science, 1996, Vol. 274, page
546-567). About 45% of them have been functionally annotated,
experimentally or matching previously assigned proteins. The rest of
the ORF's remain "hypothetical", and many of them are not real
ORFs. Our statistics based on sequence length distribution alone
predicts that over 400 of these hypothetical ORFs between 100 and 110
amino acid residues long are not likely to code for proteins (Das et
al., Nature, 1997, Vol. 385, page 29-30).

In addition, when two unannotated ORFs overlap one should anticipate
that one or the other is likely an artifact, although which is
generally indeterminate. However when one, or both, of the pairs has a
length of between 100 and 110 there is a strong case for its
artifactual nature.

        NOTE 2: There are 6275 ORF's originally identified by MIPS in
yeast genome that theoretically could encode proteins longer than 99
amino acid residues (Goffeau et al., Science, 1996, Vol. 274, page
546-567). About 45% of them have been functionally annotated,
experimentally or matching previously assigned proteins. The rest of
the ORFs remain "hypothetical", and many of them are not real
ORFs. Our statistics based on sequence length distribution alone
predicts that over 400 of these hypothetical ORFs between 100 and 110
amino acid residues long are not likely to code for proteins (Das et
al., Nature, 1997, Vol. 385, page 29-30).

One potential indication of a false ORF would be its overlap with
another ORF.  Small viruses, with their limited genome size, are known
employ the strategy of overlapping genes to maximize their genetic
information capacity.  However, evolution is not likely to favor such
gene
organization in large eukaryotic genomes, since mutation in one gene
will disrupt the overlapping gene as well.  There are a total of 479
pairs of overlapping ORFs in the current yeast databases.  In none of
these are both annotated, yet statistically about 80 such double
overlapping pairs are expected. Thus, all hypothetical ORFs which
overlap those with clear sequence similarity inherited annotation are
very probably artifacts.

List of effected ORFs:

YAL004W hypothetical protein YAL004w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YAL005C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAL042C-A       probable membrane protein YAL042c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YAL042W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAL056C-A       probable membrane protein YAL056c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YAL058W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAR030C hypothetical protein YAR030c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YAR029W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAR043C hypothetical protein YAR043c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YAR042W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAR052C probable membrane protein YAR052c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YAR050W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YAR074C hypothetical protein YAR074c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YAR073W and hypothetical YAR075W. We do not think this is a real ORF.
See Note 2.
YBL018C hypothetical protein YBL018c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YBL018C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YBL062W probable membrane protein YBL062w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBL061C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL070C probable membrane protein YBL070c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBL069W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL073W probable membrane protein YBL073w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBL074C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL077W hypothetical protein YBL077w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YBL076C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL083C hypothetical protein YBL083c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YBL082C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL094C probable membrane protein YBL094c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YBL095W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YBL096C probable membrane protein YBL096c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YBL095W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YBL100C probable membrane protein YBL100c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBL099W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBL112C hypothetical protein YBL112c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YBL113C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YBR064W probable membrane protein YBR064w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR063C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR089W probable membrane protein YBR089w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR088C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR090C probable membrane protein YBR090c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR089C-A. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR113W probable membrane protein YBR113w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR112C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR116C probable membrane protein YBR116c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR117C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR124W probable membrane protein YBR124w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR123C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR174C hypothetical protein YBR174c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YBR175W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR190W hypothetical protein YBR190w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YBR191W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR206W probable membrane protein YBR206w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR205W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR232C probable membrane protein YBR232c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR233W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR262C hypothetical protein YBR262c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YBR263W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR266C probable membrane protein YBR266c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR267W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YBR277C probable membrane protein YBR277c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YBR278W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCL013W hypothetical protein YCL013w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YCL014W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCL022C probable membrane protein YCL022c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YCL024W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YCL041C probable membrane protein YCL041c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YCL043C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCL042W hypothetical protein YCL042w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YCL040W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCL046W hypothetical protein YCL046w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YCL045C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YCL065W probable membrane protein YCL065w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YCL066W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCR013C probable membrane protein YCR013c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YCR012W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCR041W probable membrane protein YCR041w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YCR042C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YCR050C hypothetical protein YCR050c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YCR048W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDL009C probable membrane protein YDL009c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YDL010W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YDL011C probable membrane protein YDL011c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YDL010W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YDL016C hypothetical protein YDL016c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDL017W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL023C probable membrane protein YDL023c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL022W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL026W probable membrane protein YDL026w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YDL027C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YDL032W probable membrane protein YDL032w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YDL033C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YDL041W probable membrane protein YDL041w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL042C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL050C probable membrane protein YDL050c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL051W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL068W probable membrane protein YDL068w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL069C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL094C probable membrane protein YDL094c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL093W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL096C probable membrane protein YDL096c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL095W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL151C probable membrane protein YDL151c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL150W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL158C probable membrane protein YDL158c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL159W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL163W probable membrane protein YDL163w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDL164C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL187C probable membrane protein YDL187c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YDL186W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YDL221W hypothetical protein YDL221w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDL220C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDL228C hypothetical protein YDL228c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDL229W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR048C hypothetical protein YDR048c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR049W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR053W probable membrane protein YDR053w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDR052C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR094W hypothetical protein YDR094w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR093W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR112W hypothetical protein YDR112w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR111C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR114C hypothetical protein YDR114c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR115W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR136C probable membrane protein YDR136c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YDR137W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR149C hypothetical protein YDR149c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR150W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR154C hypothetical protein YDR154c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR155C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR157W hypothetical protein YDR157w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR156W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR187C hypothetical protein YDR187c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR188W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR193W hypothetical protein YDR193w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR192C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR203W hypothetical protein YDR203w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR202C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR269C hypothetical protein YDR269c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR270W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR271C hypothetical protein YDR271c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR270W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR290W hypothetical protein YDR290w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR289C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR327W hypothetical protein YDR327w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR328C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR355C hypothetical protein YDR355c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR356W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR401W hypothetical protein YDR401w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR402C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR417C hypothetical protein YDR417c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR418W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR431W hypothetical protein YDR431w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR430C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR433W hypothetical protein YDR433w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR432W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR442W hypothetical protein YDR442w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR443C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR455C hypothetical protein YDR455c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR456W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR467C hypothetical protein YDR467c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YDR466W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YDR509W hypothetical protein YDR509w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR508C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR512C hypothetical protein YDR512c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR513W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YDR537C hypothetical protein YDR537c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YDR538W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YER006C-A       hypothetical protein YER006c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YER007W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YER014C-A       hypothetical protein YER014c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YER015W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YER046W-A       hypothetical protein YER046w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YER047C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YER067C-A       hypothetical protein YER067c-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YER067W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YER068C-A       probable membrane protein YER068c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YER069W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YER097W hypothetical protein YER097w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YER098W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YER119C-A       hypothetical protein YER119c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YER120W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YFL002W-A       hypothetical protein YFL002w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YFL002W-B. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YFL010C probable membrane protein YFL010c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YFL010W-A. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YFL032W probable membrane protein YFL032w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YFL031W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YFL065C hypothetical protein YFL065c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YFL064C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGL024W probable membrane protein YGL024w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL025C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL042C probable membrane protein YGL042c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL043W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL052W probable membrane protein YGL052w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YGL051W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YGL069C probable membrane protein YGL069c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL068W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL072C probable membrane protein YGL072c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL073W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL074C probable membrane protein YGL074c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL073W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL102C hypothetical protein YGL102c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YGL103W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL109W hypothetical protein YGL109w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YGL108C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGL149W probable membrane protein YGL149w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL150C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL165C probable membrane protein YGL165c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL166W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL168W probable membrane protein YGL168w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL167C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL177W probable membrane protein YGL177w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL178W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL214W probable membrane protein YGL214w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL213C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGL239C probable membrane protein YGL239c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGL238W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR011W hypothetical protein YGR011w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YGR010W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGR018C hypothetical protein YGR018c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YGR017W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGR022C probable membrane protein YGR022c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YGR023W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YGR064W hypothetical protein YGR064w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YGR063C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR073C probable membrane protein YGR073c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR074W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR115C probable membrane protein YGR115c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR116W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR151C hypothetical protein YGR151c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YGR152C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR160W probable membrane protein YGR160w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR159C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR181W hypothetical protein YGR181w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YGR182C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGR190C hypothetical protein YGR190c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YGR191W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR219W hypothetical protein YGR219w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YGR220C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR228W probable membrane protein YGR228w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR229C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR242W probable membrane protein YGR242w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YGR241C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YGR265W probable membrane protein YGR265w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR264C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YGR269W hypothetical protein YGR269w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YGR268C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YGR290W probable membrane protein YGR290w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YGR289C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YHL005C hypothetical protein YHL005c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YHL004W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YHL006W-A       probable membrane protein YHL006w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YHL007C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YHL046W-A       hypothetical protein YHL046w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YHL047C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YHR063W-A       probable membrane protein YHR063w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YHR064C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YHR218W-A       hypothetical protein YHR218w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YHR219W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YIL068W-A       probable membrane protein YIL068w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YIL068C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YIL080W hypothetical protein YIL080w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YIL081W-A. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YIL082W-A       NULL. Overlapping with annotated ORF YIL081W-A. We do
not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YIL163C hypothetical protein YIL163c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YIL162W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YIL175W hypothetical protein YIL175w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YIL174W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YIR017W-A       probable membrane protein YIR017w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YIR017C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YIR023C-A       probable membrane protein YIR023c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YIR023W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL009W probable membrane protein YJL009w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJL008C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL018W hypothetical protein YJL018w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YJL019W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YJL022W probable membrane protein YJL022w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YJL023C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YJL032W hypothetical protein YJL032w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL031C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL086C hypothetical protein YJL086c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL087C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL119C probable membrane protein YJL119c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YJL118W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YJL120W probable membrane protein YJL120w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJL121C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL135W hypothetical protein YJL135w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YJL134W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YJL142C hypothetical protein YJL142c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL141C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL150W hypothetical protein YJL150w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YJL149W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YJL175W probable membrane protein YJL175w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJL176C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL182C probable membrane protein YJL182c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YJL181W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YJL188C hypothetical protein YJL188c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL189W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL195C hypothetical protein YJL195c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL194W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL202C probable membrane protein YJL202c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJL203W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJL211C hypothetical protein YJL211c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJL210W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJR018W hypothetical protein YJR018w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJR017C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJR020W hypothetical protein YJR020w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YJR019C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YJR079W probable membrane protein YJR079w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJR078W and hypothetical ORF YLR080C. We do not think this is a real
ORF. See Note 2.
YJR114W probable membrane protein YJR114w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YJR113C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YJR128W hypothetical protein YJR128w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YJR127C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL030W hypothetical protein YKL030w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL029C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL036C hypothetical protein YKL036c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL035W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL111C hypothetical protein YKL111c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL112W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL115C hypothetical protein YKL115c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL116C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL118W hypothetical protein YKL118w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL119C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL136W hypothetical protein YKL136w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL135C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL153W hypothetical protein YKL153w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL152C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL169C hypothetical protein YKL169c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL170W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL177W hypothetical protein YKL177w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL178C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKL199C hypothetical protein YKL199c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKL198C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKR012C hypothetical protein YKR012c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKR013W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKR033C hypothetical protein YKR033c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKR034W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YKR047W hypothetical protein YKR047w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YKR048C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLL020C probable membrane protein YLL020c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLL019C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLL037W hypothetical protein YLL037w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLL036C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLL044W hypothetical protein YLL044w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLL045C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLL047W probable membrane protein YLL047w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLL046C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR041W hypothetical protein YLR041w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YLR040C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YLR062C probable membrane protein YLR062c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR061W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR076C hypothetical protein YLR076c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLR075W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR123C probable membrane protein YLR123c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YLR122C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YLR140W hypothetical protein YLR140w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLR141W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR169W hypothetical protein YLR169w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLR170C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR171W probable membrane protein YLR171w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR170C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR202C hypothetical protein YLR202c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YLR201C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YLR217W probable membrane protein YLR217w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YLR216C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YLR230W probable membrane protein YLR230w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR229C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR235C probable membrane protein YLR235c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR234W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR236C probable membrane protein YLR236c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YLR235C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YLR252W hypothetical protein YLR252w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YLR251W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YLR261C hypothetical protein YLR261c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLR262C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR294C probable membrane protein YLR294c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YLR295C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YLR302C probable membrane protein YLR302c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR303W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR331C hypothetical protein YLR331c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YLR332W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR338W probable membrane protein YLR338w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR337W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR339C probable membrane protein YLR339c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR340W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR379W probable membrane protein YLR379w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YLR378C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YLR444C probable membrane protein YLR444c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YLR443W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YLR465C hypothetical protein YLR465c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YLR464W and YLR466W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF.
See Note 1.
YML009W-A       hypothetical protein YML009w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YML009W-B. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YML009W-B       hypothetical protein YML009w-b. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YML010W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YML031C-A       hypothetical protein YML031c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YML031W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YML057C-A       hypothetical protein YML057c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YML057W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YML099W-A       hypothetical protein YML099w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YML099C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YML101C-A       hypothetical protein YML101c-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YML102W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YML116W-A       hypothetical protein YML116w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YML117W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YMR031W-A       hypothetical protein YMR031w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YMR031C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YMR052C-A       hypothetical protein YMR052c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YMR052W and annotated ORF YMR053C. We do not think this is
a real ORF. See Note 2.
YMR151W probable membrane protein YMR151w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YMR150C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YMR158W-A       hypothetical protein YMR158w-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YMR159C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YMR173W-A       hypothetical protein YMR173w-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YMR173W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YMR193C-A       hypothetical protein YMR193c-a. Overlapping with
annotated ORF YMR194W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YMR244C-A       hypothetical protein YMR244c-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YMR245W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YMR316C-A       hypothetical protein YMR316c-a. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YMR316W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YMR316C-B       hypothetical protein YMR316c-b. Overlapping with
hypothetical ORF YMR317W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real
ORF. See Note 1.
YNL028W probable membrane protein YNL028w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YNL029C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YNL043C hypothetical protein YNL043c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YNL044W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YNL057W hypothetical protein YNL057w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YNL058C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YNL089C hypothetical protein YNL089c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL090W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL114C probable membrane protein YNL114c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNL113W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL140C hypothetical protein YNL140c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL139C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL170W hypothetical protein YNL170w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL169C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL184C hypothetical protein YNL184c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL185C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL198C hypothetical protein YNL198c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL199C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL203C probable membrane protein YNL203c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNL202W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL205C hypothetical protein YNL205c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL204C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL235C probable membrane protein YNL235c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNL236W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL276C probable membrane protein YNL276c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNL277W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL296W hypothetical protein YNL296w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YNL297C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YNL303W hypothetical protein YNL303w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YNL304W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNL319W probable membrane protein YNL319w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNL318C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YNR005C probable membrane protein YNR005c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YNR006W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOL035C probable membrane protein YOL035c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOL036W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOL050C probable membrane protein YOL050c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOL051W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOL099C probable membrane protein YOL099c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOL100W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOL150C probable membrane protein YOL150c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOL151W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR102W hypothetical protein YOR102w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YOR103C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR105W probable membrane protein YOR105w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOR104W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR121C hypothetical protein YOR121c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YOR120W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR135C probable membrane protein YOR135c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR136W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR139C probable membrane protein YOR139c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR140W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR146W probable membrane protein YOR146w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOR145C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR169C hypothetical protein YOR169c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YOR168W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR170W hypothetical protein YOR170w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YOR171C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YOR199W probable membrane protein YOR199w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOR200W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR200W probable membrane protein YOR200w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR201C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR203W probable membrane protein YOR203w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR202W and annotated ORF YOR204W. We do not think this is a real
ORF. See Note 2.
YOR218C hypothetical protein YOR218c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YOR217W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR225W probable membrane protein YOR225w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOR226C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR248W hypothetical protein YOR248w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YOR247W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YOR277C probable membrane protein YOR277c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR276W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR282W probable membrane protein YOR282w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YOR281C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YOR300W hypothetical protein YOR300w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YOR299W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YOR331C probable membrane protein YOR331c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR332W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR333C probable membrane protein YOR333c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR334W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YOR345C probable membrane protein YOR345c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YOR346W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL044C hypothetical protein YPL044c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPL043W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL072W probable membrane protein YPL072w. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YPL073C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL102C hypothetical protein YPL102c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YPL101W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YPL142C hypothetical protein YPL142c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPL143W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL197C hypothetical protein YPL197c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPL198W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL238C probable membrane protein YPL238c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YPL237W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPL251W probable membrane protein YPL251w. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YPL252C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YPL261C probable membrane protein YPL261c. Overlapping with hypothetical
ORF YPL260W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note
1.
YPR050C probable membrane protein YPR050c. Overlapping with annotated
ORF YPR051W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR053C hypothetical protein YPR053c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR052C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR059C hypothetical protein YPR059c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR058W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR087W hypothetical protein YPR087w. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR088C. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR092W hypothetical protein YPR092w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YPR091C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YPR123C hypothetical protein YPR123c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR124W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR126C hypothetical protein YPR126c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YPR125W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YPR130C hypothetical protein YPR130c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR129W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR146C hypothetical protein YPR146c. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YPR147C. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.
YPR177C hypothetical protein YPR177c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR178W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR197C hypothetical protein YPR197c. Overlapping with annotated ORF
YPR198W. We do not think this is a real ORF. See Note 2.
YPR203W hypothetical protein YPR203w. Overlapping with hypothetical ORF
YPR202W. We think this is very unlikely to be a real ORF. See Note 1.

Jim Freeman  P: mammon at tiac.net W: jfreeman at darwin.bu.edu
Programmer/Analyst at Bio-Molecular Engineering Center at BU
Etiam unum capillum umbram suam habet.
http://www.tiac.net/users/mammon/index.html