"Neuronal Coding of Perceptual Systems" - Call for Abstracts

Carlo Musio camus at biocib.cib.na.cnr.it
Thu Jul 23 12:48:12 EST 1998

International School on Biophysics
"Neuronal Coding of Perceptual Systems"

promoted by Istituto Italiano per gli Studi Filosofici, Napoli, Italy
Isle of Ischia (Naples), Italy
October 12-17, 1998

Opening Ceremony and Introductory Lecture:
Naples, morning of October 12, 1998

TOPICS
[1] Vision: Nneuronal Copding of Colour, Space, From, Motion and Polarized=
=20
      Light Perception
[2] Hearing and Touch: Neuronal Coding of Auditory and Mechano Perception
[3] Taste and Smell: Neuronal Coding of Chemical Perception
[4] Neuronal Coding of Temperature, Pain, Electro, and Magneto Perception
[5] Neuronal Coding, Internal Representations, Qualia and Sensations
      (Consciousness)

Advisory Board
A. Clark (USA), M. Kavaliers (C), L. Maffei (I), T. Radil (CZ), U. Thurm=
 (D),
G.Tratteur (I), R. de Valois (USA), R. Wehner (CH), J.S. Werner (USA)

Director of the School
W. Backhaus
Freie Universit=E4t Berlin (D)

For program and application form (deadline 15.8.98) see:
http://www.fu-berlin/backhaus/circul.html

Address:
W. Backhaus
Theoretical and Experimental Biology