Complete genome of Rickettsia prowazekii available

Peter Sterk sterk at
Thu Nov 19 23:20:41 EST 1998

I have just put the complete 1111523 bp genome of Rickettsia prowazekii
our ftp server:

Also on our ftp server are the four segment entries AJ235270-AJ235273,
should hopefully be available through SRS later today and present in
EMBL-NEW update file.

Citation (out today, 12-NOV-1998):
   Andersson S.G.E., Zomorodipour A., Andersson J.O., Sicheritz-Ponten
   Alsmark U.C.M., Podowski R.M., Naeslund A.K., Eriksson A.S.,
   Winkler H.H., Kurland C.G.;
   "The Genome Sequence of Rickettsia prowazekii and the Origin of
   Nature 396:133-140(1998).
   Submitted (11-NOV-1998) to the EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ databases.
   S.G.E. Andersson, Siv.Andersson at, Dept. of Molecular
   Biology, University of Uppsala, Husargatan 3, Uppsala, S-751 24,

Peter Sterk
Peter Sterk, PhD.
EMBL Nucleotide Sequence Database and Genome Project Curator

EMBL Outstation Hinxton, The European Bioinformatics Institute,
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD, U.K.
Tel: +44 1223 494444. Fax: +44 1223 494472 or +44 1223 494468.

Internet electronic addresses:
datasubs at (data submissions), update at (updates) (world wide web submissions, updates, services,

Personal:   Email: sterk at    Homepage:
->Visit our new Genome Monitoring Table at