THE EMJL JOB LISTING FOR MOLECULAR BIOLOGY!

G. Dellaire dellaire at odyssee.net
Tue Sep 22 21:53:02 EST 1998

Dear Colleagues,

The Experimental Medicine Job Listing (EMJL) from McGill University is the
official Job Listing of the Canadian Society of Biochemistry, Molecular and
Cellular Biology.  We list job vacancies for all of Western Europe, North
America, Australia and Asia.  The job vacancies listed range from Chair and
Directorships to Ph.D. and Post Doctoral positions.  We also have extensive
lists of other job resources and fellowship information.  The site is
searchable by keyword and is updated immediately when new jobs are
received. We have had 400,000 + visits since inception in 1996 and during
that time we have filled over 500 job vacancies!

HMS-Beagle (the online publication of BioMedNet) recently named us one of
the top web picks of the month and we have been reviewed by Science
NextWave as a valuable job resource.  Our site is also listed from such
influential job link pages as the Riley Guide and JobHunt!

Please visit our site at:

http://www.medcor.mcgill.ca/EXPMED/DOCS/jobs.html

Cheers,

Graham Dellaire
Webmaster
EMJL

P.S. Don't just take my word for it:

Here is what our users have been saying about EMJL!

     "The www recruitment worked out pretty well. I got 7 or 8 cvs, all
>From people who would be qualified for the
     position. It made it possible to attract candidates from inside or
outside McGill, and it was faster and obviously
     far less expensive than advertising in the newspaper or in Science,
Nature, etc. I was able to fill the position this
     week."

Dana Lasko, Ph.D.
Lady Davis Institute
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

     "I have filled both positions! Thanks for this great service."

Eric Shoubridge, Ph.D.
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

     "Thanks for being so quick to post my listing. The applications are
already coming in!"

Dr. Heather Durham
Montreal Neurological Institute
McGill University
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

     "We had about eight replies, and the quality of applicants was
definitely higher, and more qualified than the
     people who had applied to our ads that ran in the newspapers.

     We also had applications from the first day the ad ran, and from a
wide international range, so we would
     definitely use the site in the future, especially for jobs like
postdocs.

     You have a great site, with great links..I've been passsing it around
to people looking for jobs, and other people
     in the lab who help people look. "

Susan Farmer
Research Assistant for Dr.R.E.W Hancock
University of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C., Canada

     "Using the EMJL job listing service was very valuable for me. It
offered the opportunity to advertize quickly for
     this open position as I had a very short time to select the candidate.
I received letters from many candidates
     from throughout the world in response to this posting."

Dr. Serge Birman
Cellular and Functional Neurobiology Laboratory,
CNRS - Institute of Brain Science
Marseille, FRANCE

     "This letter is to inform you that the position I offered on this WEB
page is now filled. I have to say that it is a
     great site! I received many CVs, and I accepted a candidate who saw
the ad on your page.

     Thank you very much!!"

Pierre Leclerc, Ph.D.
University of Laval
Quebec, Quebec, Canada

     "I have another postdoctoral position to advertise, and since I got so
many responses from your last posting I
     wondered if you would be kind enough to do the same for this one??
Many thanks!"

Bob Shmookler Reis, Ph.D.
VA Medical Center - Research
Little Rock, AR, U.S.A.

     " Thank you for posting my job vacancies at EMJL. I am happy to tell
you that all three vacancies have been
     filled (with an extra student: I decided to take two instead of one),
all with applicants who responded to the ad
     in your site. Keep up the good work!"

Constantin Polychronakos M.D.
Endocrine Genetics Laboratory
Montreal Children's Hospital
Montreal, Quebec, Canada

     " Thank you for advertising the position open in my lab. It was filled
yesterday ... I had many replies since ... Of
     approximately 15, three had appropriate qualifications and the one
ranked #1 accepted the position. Many
     thanks for your help."

Rhoda Blostein, Ph.D.
McGill University,