Bioinformatics Events

Dr J.C. Ison jison at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 17:19:45 EST 1999

Dear Sir or Madam

CCP11 is an academic project hosted by the Human Genome Mapping Project
Resource Centre, an institute of the Medical Research Council.  Our
remit
is to foster the bioinformatics community through our website (URL
below)
, newsletter, and regular conferences and training courses.

I am enclosing details for two CCP11 conferences which I hope will be of

interest.

Kind Regards

Jon Ison
E-mail: jison at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
CCP11:  http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/CCP11/

1. Bioinformatics Open Software Development
Hinxton Hall Conference Centre, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK

A CCP11 International Meeting On
Developing Software Tools for Bioinformatics

This meeting will bring the state of art in bioinformatics software
development to the broad community of software developers. The meeting
consists of two sessions. The day session is a lecture series given by
leaders in the field of "source code available" programming libraries.
This is followed by a discussion session for researchers actively
involved in development of bioinformatics programming libraries. The
meeting will provide valuable information for researchers of all levels
of experience.
http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/CCP11/meeting2/
Early registration is advisable!

2. The Sixth Genes, Proteins and Computers Conference (GPCVI)
Chester College, Chester, UK.
26 - 28 April 2000

An International Conference for Bioinformatics
and the Molecular Biologist

Bringing bioinformatics to the molecular biology community, this
established international conference will bring together leading
experts in the fields of functional genomics and proteomics,
structural genomics, biosequence analysis and phylogeny. The
emphasis is the solving of molecular biological problems by using
computational approaches, and the relevance of this to the molecular
biology community.
http://www.hgmp.mrc.ac.uk/CCP11/gpcvi/
Early registration is advisable!