Reminder: New Roles for Librarians/Information Professionals

Patti Biggs pbiggs at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Fri Jun 2 20:34:30 EST 2000

There are now only 28 days till this cutting edge ICML 2000 Event! Register
now!

- step into the future of medical information...
  and help to shape it

- why is genetics so important in research today?

- what kind of information do researchers and
  clinicians need, other than books and journals?

- what role should librarians play in helping users
  access this information?

- what information do patients need about the new genetic
medicine?

- why is the big debate on gene therapy so important?

To find out, join your colleagues at a special
symposium featuring leaders in the field of genetics.

TITLE:   The Impact of Genomics on Health and Healthcare
Libraries

DATE:   30th June 2000

LOCATION:  	Wellcome Trust, London, UK

REGISTRATION: 	see http://www.icml.org/cereg.pdf
		for information on how to register (needs Acrobat reader)

PROGRAM: 	see http://unicorn.sanger.ac.uk/icml/symposium.htm
		for a list of speakers and topics

NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE TO COVER REGISTRATION?
		please send an e-mail to Wendy Roberts, fwr10 at cus.cam.ac.uk
		explaining your need, and we will contact you.

ABOUT ICML:   http://www.icml.org
We hope to see you there, to shape the future with us!

Sincerely,

Frank Norman
NIMR, London
Symposium Organiser

Apologise for cross postings.

Recipients please feel free to forward this message to other colleagues and
appropriate lists. If you do forward to another list, I'd be grateful if
you could e-mail me (pbiggs at nimr.mrc.ac.uk) with list name and e-mail
address, so I can ensure they are included in update mailings.

Patti Biggs
Deputy Librarian
National Institute for Medical Research
(Medical Research Council)