Moderation of this group

Geoff Gibbs ggibbs at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Sep 18 15:44:35 EST 2000

This is a reminder that this bionet group is moderated.  This is to
reduce the level of irrelevant articles which reach you.

It is the nature of Network News that the News Servers are looked after
independently and it is possible that some servers may not have this
news group correctly marked as moderated.  This can result in your
articles being incorrectly posted in an unapproved form, which means
that your article will not be propagated around the world fully.

I would encourage you to check that this group is set as moderated on
your News Server, and draw this to the attention of your News Staff if
there is a problem.  You can often tell from the description of the news
group in your news reading software, as it should say "(Moderated)".

I should also point out that many News Servers also filter the news feed
to remove messages which appear to be badly formed, as they often
contain irrelevant messages.  Do make sure that you include a suitable
Subject: line and don't crosspost to too many other groups.

Geoff Gibbs

--
BIOSCI/UK-Human Genome Mapping Project-Resource Centre,
Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: +44 1223 494530  Fax: +44 1223 494512  E-mail: G.Gibbs at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk