Conf. Protein Stabilisation

Florence Foucaud Progep-stabilisation3 at ensigct.fr
Thu May 10 16:12:06 EST 2001

3rd International Conference on Protein Stabilisation
Biocatalyst Stability
Different levels of observation

Toulouse, France  21-24 April 2002

Organised under the auspices of the :
European Section of Applied Biocatalysis of the European Federation of
Biotechnology

First announcement and call for oral presentations
_______________________________

Web site :          http://www.insa.fr/gba/biostab

Information
PROGEP
Stabilisation 3
Florence Foucaud
18 chemin de la Loge
31078 Toulouse cedex 4, France
phone: +33 (0) 5 62 25 23 80
Fax: +33 (0) 5 62 25 23 18
e-mail: progep-stabilisation3 at ensigct.fr or
progep-stabilisation3 at ensiacet.fr
http://www.ensiacet.fr/PROGEP

Objectives
The purpose of the 3rd International Conference on Protein Stabilisation
is to provide a forum for the presentation and discussion of recent
developments in Biocatalyst stability with the integration of three
different levels of observation: molecular level, structure-function
relationship and applications.
________________________________

Topics
The provisional topics are:
Protein folding, protein and/or media engineering, structural stability,
inactivation mechanisms, mechanisms of stabilisation, effect of
additives, covalent process, industrial applications

___________________________________

Organising Committee
Chairman Prof. D. Combes (INSA Toulouse, Fr.)
Prof. J. Baratti (Univ. Marseille, Fr.)
Dr. J.C. Bellot (INSA Toulouse, Fr.)
Prof. J. Cabral (Inst. Sup. Tecnico, Lisbon, Pt.)
Dr. T. Gibson (Univ. Leeds, U.K.)
Prof. P. Monsan (INSA Toulouse, Fr.)

________________________________

Scientific Committee
The scientific committee of the European Section of Applied Biocatalysis
will act as scientific committee.
_____________________________________

Call for oral presentations
Abstracts (about 200 words) for oral presentations describing original
research in any of the above topics are welcome before May 15, 2001.
We suggest you send, if possible, your abstract via our Web Site (see :
submission of an abstract).

A call for poster presentations will be sent in September 2001.

Timetable
15/05/01 : Deadline for
 - receipt of abstracts for oral presentations
-  for pre-registration (we suggest you send, if possible, your
pre-registration form via our Web site. Only if you have not this
possibility, use normal mail or fax.)
30/09/01 : Second announcement with
- oral programme
- call for poster presentations
- registration and accommodation forms
15/01/02 : Deadline for
 - receipt of abstracts for poster presentations
15/03/02 : Deadline for preferential registration fees.