2003 Stadler Genetics Symposium

Dave Matthews matthews at greengenes.cit.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 15 20:35:09 EST 2002

March 31 - April 2, 2003 Stadler Genetics Symposium
GENOME EXPLOTATION: Data mining

The next Stadler Genetics Symposium to be held mid-March 2003 on the
University of Missouri, Columbia campus.   This will be the 23rd
symposium in the series, and the general theme is "GENOME
EXPLOITATION: Data Mining".  The idea behind the theme is to discuss
and illustrate how scientists are going to characterize and make use
of the massive amount of information being accumulated about plant
and animal genomes.    We hope to have a Symposium that will present
a state-of-the-art picture on mining the Genome databases. This will
be one of the few times that researchers in both plants and animals
will be speaking and discussing their results in the same room.  We
hope it will be a most interesting symposium that will supply much
needed information to all struggling to understand the complexities
of genome organization.

Invited Speakers
David Marshall, Scotland
Jo Dicks, England