ZOMES II

Danny Chamovitz DannyC at tauex.tau.ac.il
Tue Mar 12 21:53:52 EST 2002

The meeting “ZOMES II: COP9 Signalosome, Proteasome, and eIF3: at the Crossroads of Signaling” (http://www.tau.ac.il/lifesci/botany/USR/chamovitz/zomes2/), which was postponed due to the terrorist attacks last fall, has been rescheduled for the Turkish Riviera between April 29th and May 1st 2002.  The Organizing Committee has put together a program consisting of the following main sessions - The Ubiquitin/Proteasome system: Structure and links to other signaling pathways, Cop9 signalosome (CSN): structure and participation in signaling, The physiological roles of CSN5/JAB1 and other subunits, eIF3, translational initiation, and interactions with other ‘Zomes’, and Bioinformatics: Comparative Zomes. Talks will still be selected from the submitted abstracts. We expect the participation of some 75 senior scientists, postdocs and graduate students, from around the world. Prices for postdocs and students are highly subsidized. We believe the structure of the scientific program, the bringing together of senior and junior scientists, and an informal atmosphere will create, as in the previous symposium, an intimate and highly stimulating meeting.

Sincerely,

Danny Chamovitz
Co-Chair, Organizing Committee

Daniel A. Chamovitz, Ph.D.