LASR 2005: Quantitative Biology, Shape Analysis, and Wavelets.

Stats Workshop workshop at maths.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Dec 28 21:43:21 EST 2004

24th LASR (Leeds Annual Statistical Research) Workshop, Leeds, UK
4th - 6th July 2005

Call for abstracts

The 24th Leeds Annual Statistical Research Workshop will focus on
developments in quantitative biology, shape analysis, and wavelet
methods. The use of shape analysis and wavelets in bioinformatics,
proteomics, and other biological applications is an emerging theme
which we strongly encourage, so contributions at the interface between
these disciplines are particularly welcome.

Confirmed speakers at LASR-2005 include

    * Philip Brown (Statistics, University of Kent)
    * Wally Gilks (MRC Biostatistics Unit, Cambridge)
    * Peter Green, FRS (Statistics, University of Bristol)
    * Valen Johnson (Biostatistics, University of Michigan)
    * David Jones (Bioinformatics, University College London)
    * Sir John Kingman, FRS (Newton Institute, University of Cambridge)
    * Andrew Neuwald (Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory)

ABSTRACTS OF CONTRIBUTED PAPERS AND POSTERS ARE NOW REQUESTED

THE DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACTS IS 31ST JANUARY 2005

Abstracts should be one or two paragraphs in length, outlining the
work that you would like to present, with one or two key
references. If your abstract is accepted, we will invite you to submit
an extended abstract of up to four pages for inclusion in the workshop
proceedings. The deadline for extended abstracts is likely to be the
31st of May 2005.

BACKGROUND

The Leeds Annual Statistics Research Workshop has become established
over recent years as an exciting international event in the Statistics
conference calendar. Last year, the workshop attracted approximately
70 participants, with eminent speakers both from overseas and the
UK. Details of previous workshops can be found on our webpages:

http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/statistics/workshop/

As usual the workshop format is a mixture of invited and contributed
talks, and posters. It has a tradition of being informal and relaxed,
and of encouraging interaction and discussion between the
participants.

Contact details:
Dr Stuart Barber, Dept of Statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT.
Telephone +44 (0)113 343 5146
Fax: +44 (0)113 343 5090
E-mail: workshop at maths.leeds.ac.uk
World-Wide Web: http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/lasr2005