New anti-spam measures for Biosci

Geoff Gibbs ggibbs at
Sat Jan 10 05:34:30 EST 2004

As the tide of spam rises, we are going to have to restrict
e-mail submissions to unmoderated newsgroups, limiting them
to members of the associated mailing lists. This should not
affect people submitting articles via their local news server.

I hope that this does not cause too much difficulty to any
genuine users of these groups, but we have to protect these
groups and our own facilites.

Geoff Gibbs
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK
Tel: +44 1223 494530  Fax: +44 1223 494512
E-mail: G.Gibbs at  Web: