New anti-spam measures for Biosci

Geoff Gibbs ggibbs at rfcgr.mrc.ac.uk
Sat Jan 10 05:34:30 EST 2004

As the tide of spam rises, we are going to have to restrict
e-mail submissions to unmoderated newsgroups, limiting them
to members of the associated mailing lists. This should not
affect people submitting articles via their local news server.

I hope that this does not cause too much difficulty to any
genuine users of these groups, but we have to protect these
groups and our own facilites.

Geoff Gibbs
--
MRC Rosalind Franklin Centre for Genomics Research
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SB, UK