[Bionews] Announcement: Second Release of RiceTFDB

Diego Mauricio Riano Pachon diriano at uni-potsdam.de
Fri Mar 3 07:39:53 EST 2006

Second release of the Rice Transcription Factor Database (RiceTFDB)

We are very pleased to announce the second release of the Rice
Transcription Factor Database (RiceTFDB,
http://ricetfdb.bio.uni-potsdam.de/v2.0), a computational effort to
identify and catalog all rice genes involved in transcriptional control.
The source dataset used was the latest version (Release 4) of the TIGR
Rice Pseudomolecules from the Oryza sativa genome. This database
currently contains 2856 gene models coded from 2305 loci and arranged in
53 gene families. The assortment of genes in each of the families is
based on the presence of one or more characteristic domains previously
described in the literature (Release 19 of PFAM was employed).

This new release includes 6 new TF families, and 394 new gene models.
Multiple alignments at the domain level and literature references are
provided for each family. The database can easily be browsed by family
name.  Searches can be done on the basis of sequence identifiers or on
sequence similarity using BLAST. Most of the data present in the
database can be downloaded as plain text files.

We hope that you find useful the new additions to the database, and look
forward for you comments.

Best regards,

RiceTFDb team

Prof. Dr.Bernd Mueller-Roeber, Dr Slobodan Ruzicic, Diego Mauricio
Riaño-Pachón