[Bionews] Announcement: 3rd International PhD Student Symposium - Horizons In Molecular Biology

Christian Stegmann horizon at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 28 16:32:17 EST 2006

Mark your calendar. You are invited to participate in the 3rd Horizons
in Molecular Biology Symposium on September 14-16, 2006 at the Max
Planck Institute for biophysical chemistry in Goettingen, Germany.

http://www.horizons.uni-goettingen.de

Call for Abstracts:

Horizons in Molecular Biology aims to provide deep insights into
contemporary life science research and to encourage exchange among
people from different biological science branches. We invite
distinguished scientists from fields as diverse as structural biology,
developmental biology, cell biology, neurobiology and stem cell research.

By including such a diverse spectrum of topics we hope to broaden
horizons and to inspire interdisciplinary discussions. Through the
scientific and social events of the meeting we intend to improve the
networking of Ph.D. students and young researchers from different parts
of the world. The meeting will feature five sessions with invited
lectures, two poster sessions, three sessions with student talks and
includes an extensive social program.

Confirmed invited speakers are:

Structural Biology:
Wolfgang Baumeister, Elena Conti, Louise Johnson, Nigel Unwin.

Cell Biology:
Philip Cohen, Ron Hay, Michael Rosenfeld, Joan Steitz.

Neuroscience:
Adriano Aguzzi, Barry Dickson, Oliver Hobert, Paul Sternberg.

Developmental Biology:
Philip Ingham, Ruth Lehmann, Alex Schier, Cliff Tabin.

Stem Cell Research:
Gerald Schatten, Hans Schoeler, Ian Wilmut.

* Abstract submission opens on March 22, 2006.
* Abstract submission deadline: August 1, 2006.

For further details about registration, detailed program, abstract
submission and contact information please visit our web page:
http://www.horizons.uni-goettingen.de/

Please feel free to download the announcing poster from our website
http://www.horizons.uni-goettingen.de/dl/horizons06.pdf

Best regards,
Christian Stegmann
(On behalf of the the PhD Student Organizing Committee)

HORIZONS IN MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
International PhD Student Symposium
PhD Student Organizing Committee
Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Göttingen
Tel. +49 551 201 1585
Fax +49 551 201 1504