[Bionews] CfP : ALBIO'08 / BIRD08 (Vienna, Austria)

Mourad Elloumi via bionews%40net.bio.net (by mourad12345678 from yahoo.com)
Tue Nov 20 20:30:55 EST 2007

               CALL FOR PAPERS

         Algorithms in Molecular Biology

             held in parallel to

         2nd International Conference
       Bioinformatics Research and Development

Computational Molecular Biology has emerged from the
Human Genome Project as an important discipline for
academic research and industrial application. The
growing size of biological databases, the complexity
of biological problems and the necessity to deal with
errors in biological sequences all result in large run
time and memory requirements. Biological sequence
databases are growing at an exponential rate. All of
these factors will make the development of fast, low
memory requirements and high-performances algorithms
increasingly important in Computational Molecular

In our workshop, we are interested in papers that deal
with all aspects of algorithms in Molecular Biology.
We are, particularly, interested in algorithms that
address fundamental and/or applied problems in
Molecular Biology that are computationally efficient,
that have been implemented and experimented on
simulated and/or on real biological sequences and that
provide interesting new results. The submitted papers
should present recent research results and identify
and explore directions for future research.
Topics include, but not limited to: (i) strings
processing, (ii) biological sequences comparison,
(iii) structures prediction, (iv) phylogeny
reconstruction, (v) DNA sequences assembly,
clustering, and mapping, (vi) molecular evolution,
(vii) genes prediction/recognition, (viii) genes
expression (ix) haplotyping (x) genomes rearrangement
(xi) strings barecoding.

You are invited to submit a draft paper in Word or PDF
format, about 5 to 8 pages including figures and
references, before January 31, 2008 to the Workshop

Dr. Mourad Elloumi :
E.Mail: Mourad.Elloumi from fsegt.rnu.tn or
Mourad12345678 from yahoo.com

Important Dates
Submission of Full Papers: January 31, 2008
Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2008
Camera-ready Copies: April 15, 2008