[Bionews] Manchester Bioinformatics at ISMB

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Sat Jun 21 08:46:25 EST 2008

Manchester Informatics (http://www.informatics.manchester.ac.uk/) works
to bring together the different strands of the informatics community at
The University of Manchester, UK.  At ISMB 2008
(http://www.iscb.org/ismb2008/about_ismb.php) we will be showcasing a
number of our research projects in Bioinformatics and BioHealth Informatics.

We also offer training, as either intensive tutorials or as online
modules.  The online modules include:

Introduction to Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics for Systems Biology
Introduction to Microarray Data Analysis
Theory and Applications in Bioinformatics
Introduction to software development using Java
Intermediate software development using Java
Biocomputing
Object-oriented analysis and design with UML
Introduction to Ontologies for the Biosciences

You will find further information on these modules here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/  If you have any questions,
or need advice on the module options, please contact
Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk or visit Manchester Bioinformatics at ISMB