[Bionews] European Congress of Malacology 2008

Instituto Portugues Malacologia via bionews%40net.bio.net (by ipmalac from gmail.com)
Tue May 6 11:00:13 EST 2008

*Apologies for cross-posting.*

* ** *

**** Coming soon ****

* *

**EUROPEAN CONGRESS OF MALACOLOGY**

*2=966 September 2008, Ponta Delgada, S=E3o Miguel Island (Azores, Portugal=
)*

* *

The "5th Congress of the European Malacological Societies (CEMS)", will be
held at Ponta Delgada, S=E3o Miguel Island (Azores, Portugal) on the 2=966
September 2008.

We are pleased to announce the participation of three prime international
keynote speakers at the meeting:

*David Reid (Natural History Museum, London, UK)*

Islands: engines or endpoints of marine speciation?

*Dick Neves (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, US)*

Recovery of Endangered Mollusks in the U.S.A.: More than Just a Shell Game.

*Robert Cameron (**University of Sheffield**, UK**)***

Time, space and very slow motion: patterns in the diversity of snails.

Travel grants are available for students presenting their work at the
meeting.

*Deadline for abstract submission*: 15 May.

*Deadline for registration*: 15 June.

We look forward to meet you all in the Azores!

 On the behalf of the organizing committee.

 The Portuguese Malacological Institute (IPM) and the University of the
Azores (UAc)

* *www.euromalac2008.org/

 euromalac2008 from gmail.com**