[Bionews] Unipro UGENE v1.6 is released
(by mike.fursov from gmail.com)
Thu Dec 24 00:42:57 EST 2009
Unipro UGENE is a free opensource and multiplatform software tool for
Version 1.6 new plugins:
* Phylip plugin for building phylogenetic trees. Based on original
Phylip 3.6 package .
o Neighbor Joining algorithm;
o Phylogenetic trees visualization;
o Integration with Multiple Alignment Editor.
* Distributed computing in UGENE
o Support for launching HMMER 3, Smith-Waterman, MUSCLE
tasks on remote machines.
o Remote tasks support;
New features and bug fixes:
* Search for tandem repeats added introduced in Repeat Finder
* Project files transferability support;
* "Export project" feature;
* Remote databases interaction: NCBI, PDB, Swiss Prot;
* BioStruct3D plugin: anaglyph stereo mode;
* and a lot more...
Prebuilt packages for different platforms and complete source code is
available here: http://ugene.unipro.ru/download.html
More information about the Bionews