[Bionews] DEXA'09 / BIOKDD'09 CfP

Mourad Elloumi via bionews%40net.bio.net (by mourad12345678 from yahoo.com)
Sun Jan 11 20:18:17 EST 2009

                              CALL FOR PAPERS

     Higher School of Sciences and Technologies of Tunis (Tunisia)
             Faculty of Applied Sciences, Bucharest (Romania)

         Biological Knowledge Discovery from Databases (BIOKDD'09)
                      Workshop held in parallel with

                 20th International Conference on Database and=20
                      Expert Systems Applications (DEXA'09)

                        University of Linz, Austria
                       August 31 - September 4, 2009

With the development of Biology during the last decades, we are witnessing =
an exponential growth of both the volume and the complexity of biological d=
atabases. For example, the Human Genome Project provided the sequence of th=
e 3 billion DNA bases that constitute the human genome. And, consequently, =
we are provided too with the sequences of about 100,000 proteins. Therefore=
, we are entering the post-genomic era : After having focused so much effor=
ts on the accumulation of biological data in databases, we have now to focu=
s as much efforts, and even more, on the analysis of these data. Analyzing =
this huge volume of biological data stored in databases is a challenging ta=
sk because, not only, of its complexity and its multiple numerous correlate=
d factors, but also, because of the continuous evolution of our understandi=
ng of the biological structural and evolutionary mechanisms. Knowledge Disc=
overy from Databases (KDD) is a response to these new trends.

You are invited to submit a draft paper in PDF format before February 28, 2=
009 via DEXA'09 ConfDriver. Papers should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE format=
 www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html All accepted pap=
ers will be published in the proceedings of DEXA=9209 Workshops with IEEE C=
SP. One of the authors of an accepted paper must register to DEXA=9209 conf=
erence and present the paper at BIOKDD=9209 workshop.

Program Committee:
Mourad Elloumi, University of Tunis, Tunisia, (PC Chair)
Cristian Toma, Politehnica University, Bucharest, Romania (PC Co-Chair)
Jin-Kao Hao, University of Angers, France
Beatrice Duval, University of Angers, France
Abdelouahid Lyhyaoui. Abdelmalek Essaadi University, Tanger, Morocco
El-Ghazali Talbi, University of Sciences and Techniques of Lille, France
Xiangchao Gan, University of Oxford, UK
Kathleen Steinh=F6fel, King's College London, UK
Dragan Bosnacki, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands

Important Dates:  Submission of Full Papers: February 28, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2009
Camera-ready Copies: May 31, 2009