[Bionews] DEXA'09 / BIOKDD'09 CfP

Mourad Elloumi via bionews%40net.bio.net (by mourad12345678 from yahoo.com)
Sun Jan 11 20:18:17 EST 2009

                              CALL FOR PAPERS

     Higher School of Sciences and Technologies of Tunis (Tunisia)
                                   And=20
             Faculty of Applied Sciences, Bucharest (Romania)

                                 Organize

         Biological Knowledge Discovery from Databases (BIOKDD'09)
                      Workshop held in parallel with

                 20th International Conference on Database and=20
                      Expert Systems Applications (DEXA'09)
                                www.dexa.org

                        University of Linz, Austria
                       August 31 - September 4, 2009

With the development of Biology during the last decades, we are witnessing =
an exponential growth of both the volume and the complexity of biological d=
atabases. For example, the Human Genome Project provided the sequence of th=
e 3 billion DNA bases that constitute the human genome. And, consequently, =
we are provided too with the sequences of about 100,000 proteins. Therefore=
, we are entering the post-genomic era : After having focused so much effor=
ts on the accumulation of biological data in databases, we have now to focu=
s as much efforts, and even more, on the analysis of these data. Analyzing =
this huge volume of biological data stored in databases is a challenging ta=
sk because, not only, of its complexity and its multiple numerous correlate=
d factors, but also, because of the continuous evolution of our understandi=
ng of the biological structural and evolutionary mechanisms. Knowledge Disc=
overy from Databases (KDD) is a response to these new trends.

You are invited to submit a draft paper in PDF format before February 28, 2=
009 via DEXA'09 ConfDriver. Papers should not exceed 5 pages in IEEE format=
 www.ieee.org/web/publications/authors/transjnl/index.html All accepted pap=
ers will be published in the proceedings of DEXA=9209 Workshops with IEEE C=
SP. One of the authors of an accepted paper must register to DEXA=9209 conf=
erence and present the paper at BIOKDD=9209 workshop.

Program Committee:
Mourad Elloumi, University of Tunis, Tunisia, (PC Chair)
Cristian Toma, Politehnica University, Bucharest, Romania (PC Co-Chair)
Jin-Kao Hao, University of Angers, France
Beatrice Duval, University of Angers, France
Abdelouahid Lyhyaoui. Abdelmalek Essaadi University, Tanger, Morocco
El-Ghazali Talbi, University of Sciences and Techniques of Lille, France
Xiangchao Gan, University of Oxford, UK
Kathleen Steinh=F6fel, King's College London, UK
Dragan Bosnacki, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands

Important Dates:  Submission of Full Papers: February 28, 2009
Notification of Acceptance: May 10, 2009
Camera-ready Copies: May 31, 2009