[Bionews] New distance courses in bioinformatics and computational biology

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Tue Sep 15 03:49:43 EST 2009

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
running a range of online courses in computational biology.  These
courses are designed to enable biologists and computer scientists to
update their skills while remaining in the workplace.  They are also
very suitable for home study, helping you to keep in touch with a
research environment while taking a career break.

The courses beginning on 5 October 2009 include:

Introduction to Bioinformatics
Bioinformatics for Systems Biology

For those people interested in computational systems biology, these
courses could be followed by our new course, 'Mathematics for metabolic
modelling'.

You will find further information, including fees and a link to the
online application form, here:
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html  If you have any
questions, or need advice on the module options, please contact
Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk