[Bionews] Distance course in network biology @ The University of Manchester

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Sat May 14 13:42:56 EST 2011

This is an early notice of the next run of the distance learning course,
'Bioinformatics for Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/systemsbiology.html). The
course covers:

* the use of models in biology;
* structure and use of public pathway and interaction databases;
* reconstruction of biological networks from experimental data;
* network statistics;
* analysis and interpretation of experimental data in the context of
biological networks;
* advanced topics.

The final section will prepare participants for our course in
'Computational Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/COMP70560.html).

Bioinformatics for Systems Biology will begin again in October 2011. The
last run was over-subscribed, so those interested should apply early.

If you have any questions about the course, please contact
Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk. To apply, please mail our office for
Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).