[Bionews] Distance Masters in Digital Biology

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Mon Aug 13 04:11:51 EST 2012

At the University of Manchester, UK, we have over 10 years experience in
teaching a range of online courses in computational biology. These
courses are at Masters level, and are designed to enable those with a
background in the life sciences, computer science, mathematics or
related disciplines to update their skills, while remaining in the
workplace. The courses are also very suitable for home study, helping
you to keep in touch with a research environment while taking a career
break.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

The distance MSc in Digital Biology includes the following modules:

* Bioinformatics for Systems Biology
* Introduction to Health Informatics
* Maths for metabolic modelling
* Computational Systems Biology

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/qualifications/index.html

The individual courses can be studied by anyone wishing to apply
computational methods in their research. Those wishing to progress to
the MSc will complete a supported research project. The topics chosen
for the research project can range from oncology bioinformatics to
efforts to improve crops for semi-arid areas. These, and other, examples
of current and completed research projects are listed on the projects page.

http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/projects/index.html

If you have any questions, or would like advice on the options, please
contact our office for Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).