[Bionews] Distance course in network biology

Heather Vincent via bionews%40net.bio.net (by Heather.Vincent from manchester.ac.uk)
Sat Jun 2 12:11:22 EST 2012

The University of Manchester's distance learning course, 'Bioinformatics
for Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/systemsbiology.html)
will begin again in October 2012.  The course can be taken as a single
unit, or the credits earned could count towards the distance Masters in
Digital Biology
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/qualifications/index.html).

Bioinformatics for Systems Biology covers:

* the use of models in biology;
* structure and use of public pathway and interaction databases;
* reconstruction of biological networks from experimental data;
* network statistics;
* interpretation of experimental data in the network context;
* advanced topics.

The final section will prepare participants for our course in
'Computational Systems Biology'
(http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/modules/COMP70560.html).

You will find links to details of all our online courses here :
http://octette.cs.man.ac.uk/bioinformatics/index.html

If you have any questions about the programme, please contact
heather.vincent from manchester.ac.uk. To apply, please mail our office for
Advanced Professional Education (ape from cs.man.ac.uk).