electronic abstracts

Ron Kagan rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu
Wed Aug 3 17:40:44 EST 1994

In article <01HFH4XE9BCI00354N at LAFVAX.LAFAYETTE.EDU> Curtis Loer,
loerc at LAFVAX.LAFAYETTE.EDU writes:

>        Despite all HTML'ing, RTF'ing and other forms of
electronification
>and their uses, I can't imagine not having a hard copy of the WBG to
cuddle
>up with next to a blazing autoclave at night. Will the Gazette still
have a
>cover by or after those of Greg Nelson? Will we put Federal Express out
of
>business and procrastinate even longer if we email our submissions?

We won't put FedEx out of business, but it would be nice to help put the
U.S. postal monopoly (a.k.a U.S. SNAIL) out of business by maximizing the
use of E-mail, Faxes, FedEx, etc.  Recently, they have started to go to
enforce their monopoly on the delivery of first class mail by charging
many corporations for "inappropriate" use of FedEx; they make the
corporations pay fines equal to the amount that they spent on FedEx.
This is a government sanctioned protection racket.

Personally, I wouldn't mind getting my WBG subscription in electronic
form, hopefully with the cute cover-illustrations still included!

Ron Kagan

"My Kindness is not random, and nothing senseless was ever beautiful."

                                                 - J. Zabriskie
Ron Kagan
rkagan at ewald.mbi.ucla.edu