C elegans WWW server

Leon Avery leon at EATWORMS.SWMED.EDU
Thu Aug 11 14:12:20 EST 1994

This message was posted July 30 to bionet.celegans.  For complicated
technical reasons, it wasn't mailed to the CELEGANS mailing list.  I
apologize to those USENET readers who are seeing it for the second
time.

I have set up a Caenorhabditis elegans WWW server on
eatworms.swmed.edu.  The URL is "http://eatworms.swmed.edu/".  I would
be very grateful if C elegans researchers (and anyone else) would:

(1) Use it.  Use the "Open URL..." function of your WWW browser.  (In
    Mosaic it's in the File menu.)  Once you're there, you can add it
    to your hotlist.

(2) Criticize it.  (Use the comments form, or e-mail to
    leon at eatworms.swmed.edu.)

(3) Contribute to it.

    (a) There is an Announcements page.  Announcements posted to
	bionet.celegans will automatically be included.  In addition,
	I will accept announcements by e-mail.  You can write these in
	plain text or, if you want to take advantage of WWW hypertext
	capabilities, in HTML.  If I'm feeling real industrious, I may
	even type in announcements from the WBG.

    (b) I'll give a login on eatworms, a directory in the server tree,
	and technical help to any C elegans lab that wants.  Preparing
	documents for the WWW is easy and fun (for computer geeks,
	anyway), you can do it on any kind of computer, and no special
	software is necessary.

--
Leon Avery					   (214) 648-2420 (office)
Department of Biochemistry			            -2768 (lab)
5323 Harry Hines Blvd				   leon at eatworms.swmed.edu
Dallas, TX  75235-9038