ftp sites?

Leon Avery leon at eatworms.swmed.edu
Sun Jul 24 13:08:42 EST 1994

In article <30p2q9$93m at nntp.ucs.ubc.ca>, mookie at physics.ubc.ca (Jeff Matthews) writes:
|> Anyone know some ftp sites where I can find images and info on C elegans
|> and apoptosis? Thanks

There are three C elegans servers I know of:

(1) the CGC gopher server gopher://elegans.cbs.umn.edu/

(2) My server on eatworms.swmed.edu, which you can access either by
    WWW (http://eatworms.swmed.edu/), gopher
    (gopher://eatworms.swmed.edu/), or anon FTP.  I have some pictures
    on my server.  There are none on the CGC server.

(3) The MGH Molecular Biology gopher server:
    gopher://weeds.mgh.harvard.edu/11/caenorhabditis

There is also a WWW interface to acedb:
http://moulon.inra.fr/acedb/acedb.html.  In addition, the Worm
Community System version 2 is available by anon FTP (don't remember
the address immediately, but I can dig it up if you want).  There may
be a picture or two in there.

I don't know about any sites with info/images on apoptosis, and if
that's what you're looking for in C elegans, you'll probably not find
it on the net.  (If I'm wrong, I'd like to know.)

--
Leon Avery					   (214) 648-2420 (office)
Department of Biochemistry			            -2768 (lab)
5323 Harry Hines Blvd				   leon at eatworms.swmed.edu
Dallas, TX  75235-9038