Injecting phage DNA

SternM Lab SternM_Lab at QUICKMAIL.CIS.YALE.EDU
Wed Apr 12 12:35:06 EST 1995

                       Subject:                               Time:12:12 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Injecting phage DNA                    Date:4/12/95

I am trying to do transformation rescue experiments using phage DNA.  Are there
any tricks to this?  I would especially like to know whether certain phage prep
protocols are better for injection than others (I have prepped from liquid
lysates using a PEG precipitation followed by phenol chloroform extractions and
EtOH precipitation).  Also, how much DNA is usually injected?
All comments are welcome.  I will post a summary as soon as possible.
Laura Selfors (Michael Stern's lab)