actin probe? where

burglin at ubaclu.unibas.ch burglin at ubaclu.unibas.ch
Tue Apr 18 12:44:53 EST 1995

Hi
I am looking for some cDNA probes of highly conserved
genes, such as actin, for a friend of mine who
would like to use it as a control on parasitic nematodes.

Where could I get such an actin probe, and what other
possible genes might be useful.

Basically, he would like to reprobe his Northern blot
with a more or less reliable marker as a size standard,
because the marker lane on that blot did not work.
And he cannot repeat that blot, because it is so
difficult to get enough RNA from those parasites in
the first place.

Thanks for any info

Thomas Burglin