actin probe? where

Michel Leroux mleroux at unixg.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 20 23:21:02 EST 1995

In article <1995Apr18.124453.44699 at yogi.urz.unibas.ch>,
burglin at ubaclu.unibas.ch wrote:

> Hi
> I am looking for some cDNA probes of highly conserved
> genes, such as actin, for a friend of mine who
> would like to use it as a control on parasitic nematodes.
>
> Where could I get such an actin probe, and what other
> possible genes might be useful.
>

> Thomas Burglin

We have obtained from M. Krause an actin gene which hybridizes to 4 actin
genes in C. elegans. I'm not sure where you can find his phone # and
e-mail address, but you could probably look him up in on the net, or maybe
worm breeder's gazette. You can probably get his address in this
reference: Krause, M., and Hirsh, D. (1987) Cell 49, 753-761.

Hope this helps!