Finding genes on YACs

SternM Lab SternM.Lab at QUICKMAIL.CIS.YALE.EDU
Mon Apr 24 16:17:20 EST 1995

                       Subject:                               Time:4:15 PM
  OFFICE MEMO          Finding genes on YACs                  Date:4/24/95

Having failed to get rescue with cosmids, I'm trying to find my gene of choice
in the YAC gaps by looking for rescue with injected YAC DNA.  If I manage to
get rescue with a YAC, what is the preferred method of paring down the YAC to
give a smallest rescuing fragment?  (I'm ouside the regions covered by the
sequencing project, in case that is relevant.)

Probably it would be best to email to me; I can post a summary of the replies.

Thanks in advance,

Leslie DeLong
Stern Lab
Yale University