egg permeabilization

Christopher C Marett cmarett at iastate.edu
Thu Dec 21 16:20:12 EST 1995

I am working to try to fluorescently label the egg cell nuclei of
Heterodera glycines eggs so that I may evaluate the developmental stage
of egg populations using flow cytometry.  I have had difficulty getting
stain into the eggs however, and have tried enzymatic digestion of the
egg shell with very limited success.  Some eggs stain beautifully
however, suggesting that some level of egg shell damage would allow the
stain to enter the cells.  I was hoping that someone had encountered
similar difficulties in C. elegans since it has been so much more widely
researched, and would have some useful suggestions.  I would appreciate
any help.

cmarett at iastate.edu

--
Chris Marett