restriction enzyme mediated integration

Sam Henderson shender at macc.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:28:20 EST 1995

Regarding restriction enzyme mediated integration.

     My old thesis advisor observed this process would occur
in yeast (cerevisiae), when transformations were done in the
presence of a restriction enzyme. I think he called this REM
recombination (for Restriction Enzyme Mediated). I believe he
went to Andy Fire's lab to try the same experiment in worms. Last
I heard it wasn't working. I don't know the details, but you could
contact him or Andy Fire.

Oh yeah, his name is

Tom Petes
Dept. of Biology
Univeristy of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3280
USA
(919) 962-1330  FAX (819) 962-1625
I don't know if he has an email address.

Sam Henderson Shender at macc.wisc.edu
All comments are my own and not those of my sponsor or employer.