Worm Meeting abstract submission test

Curtis Jamison jamison at news.cso.uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 23 12:56:07 EST 1995

The testing phase of the worm meeting abstract electronic submission
system is over. We wish to thank everyone who participated. Thirty
 of you took the time to help us out, and helped us smooth out the
process greatly. Leon was able to find and fix a major problem
relating to the Windows version of Mosaic, and both of us made a lot
of changes in the submission pages and scripts to fix some of the
minor problems and concerns that were pointed out. For those of you
curious about the distribution, e-mail submission was the favored form
by a 2 to 1 margin over the WWW submission process.

One concern expressed by many people was the loss of formatting that
occurs in the ASCII submission process. We agree this is a concern,
and Leon is working toward an RTF submission format, both for the
electronic WBG and future meeting abstract submissions. The actual
abstract book will be made from the paper abstracts you submit with
your registrations.

We are going to take a little time and evaluate the results from the
test period. Then we will go "live" with the submission process and
start accepting abstracts for real. This will happen on 2/27. Until
then, any abstracts received will be marked as test submissions.

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

Leon Avery
Curt Jamison

Curt Jamison					     jamison at csl.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Assistant Director
Community Systems Laboratory
	There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers
	exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will
	instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more
	bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states
	that this has already happened.
				   -Douglas Adams
				   _The Restaurant at the End of the Universe