average gene size
Dave Leonard Baillie
baillie at beaufort.sfu.ca
Sun Jan 8 00:18:05 EST 1995
I have few questions:
1. What is the average size of a C. elegans gene. I mean if one bases
ones estimate on the most recent, consortium sequence data.
2. What is the current record for highest gene density, say on a cosmid
3. What is the longest stretch with no recognizable gene.
4. What fraction of C. elegans genome project genes have Homo sapien hits.
5. What fraction of C. elegans cDNA's have H. s. hits.
6. What is the current record for the longest number of xscripts on one
strand that have no interuption by transcription units on the other
7. What is the longest C. elegans gene that has been predicted by genefinder
or cDNA match.
dave baillie, Institute of Mol. Biol. and Biochem., Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. dbaillie at darwin.mbb.sfu.ca
More information about the Celegans