(none)

HARTMAN at GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU HARTMAN at GAMMA.IS.TCU.EDU
Tue Jun 13 10:46:03 EST 1995

 1) Greg Nelson and I are preparing a book chapter, tentatively entitled
"Processing of DNA damage in the nematode Caenorhabditis elegans."  It will
appear (in mid-1996) in a Humana Press volume "DNA Damage and Repair--
Biochemistry, Genetics and Cell Biology" (edited by Merl Hoekstra and Jac
Nickoloff).  We would appreciate any preprints or unpublished data which you
feel might be appropriate for inclusion in such a book chapter.

2) I hope to purchase a scope equipped with Nomarski optics in the near future
and am interested in your opinions/recent experiences in this area.  Do you
feelthe optics are superior on a specific brand or model?  Given a budget of
$28K,can I obtain epifluorescence capabilities as well?  In addition, what
options are available by way of laser ablation equipment? I'll obviously go
through the bid process, but will place particular stock in imput from fellow
wormsters.

Thanks,

Phil Hartman