Help: Cosmid Gap (worse than Generation Gap...)

The Mellophone Goddess snookums at
Fri Jun 16 17:27:16 EST 1995

     I've just managed to locate most of a gene of interest to me
on a cosmid.  The parts that are missing are some of the N-terminus and
the promoter.  This cosmid is followed by a cosmid gap, so that there's no
easy way for me to find the promoter.  The cosmid and the equivalent of the
gap are fully contained in a YAC, but I really don't know how to go about
using the YAC to dig out the remainder of my gene.
     PLEASE, if you have any words of wisdom, E-mail me at:

                  snookums at or
                  snookums at

     Thank you!!

                                                       - Sharon Sokol