SUMMARY: micromanipulators recommended for DNA microinjection

William R. Morgan wmorgan at ACS.WOOSTER.EDU
Mon Jun 26 11:17:53 EST 1995

Summary of micromanipulators recommended for DNA microinjection:

I asked for recommendations on micromanipulators for C.elegans DNA
microinjection (before I left for vacation two weeks ago).  Below are
excertps of the responses I've received so far.

For my purposes, the main conclusion is that folks have been satisfatied
with relatively simple manipulators, such as Narishige's MN-151 model which
costs about $1500 (before this week's price increase), as opposed to the
more expensive models which can cost thousands more.

Gautam Kao <kao at UMDNJ.EDU> writes:
>Both Monica Driscoll's lab and mine get our needle puller and
>micromanipulator from Narishige.  We have the same manipulator, model

Curtis Loer also sent me a summary of comments he received earlier in
response to a similar survey.  I've extracted those comments relating to