Leon Avery leon at EATWORMS.SWMED.EDU
Sun Mar 19 16:32:05 EST 1995

Following Patrick Weix's suggestion that sodium propionate might be
useful to prevent mold contamination of worm plates, we made up a
batch containing 0.5%.  I spread these plates with E coli DA837 (a
derivative of OP50), and the bacteria didn't grow.  Conceivably one
could isolate a propionate-resistant E coli strain, but I don't think
I'm going to try.

Leon Avery					   (214) 648-2420 (office)
Department of Biochemistry			            -2768 (lab)
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center             -8856 (fax)
5323 Harry Hines Blvd				   leon at
Dallas, TX  75235-9038